Friday, June 18, 2010
Much to our surprise they let Lauren go home tonight! She has been fever free for 24 hrs now. Unfortunately I had to work tonight and so I only saw her for ~30 minutes before going back to PCMC. Home health came and taught Brock how to care for her port and give her meds late tonight. She has to continue her IV antibiotic 3x/day until her ANC is >500, so it could take a while, but time will tell. Lab draws on Mondays and Thursdays to assess her cell count to determine when we can stop the antibiotics and if she can get 1 of her chemotherapy drugs (she can still get the Vincristine every week because it is not count dependant, unless she develops a neuropathy in her hands/feet. . .but so far, so good). She will continue her Chemotherapy appointments Wednesdays and her Septra Mon/Tues for prophylaxis making it a busy week! I am anxious to have her 1st post-op/post-chemotherapy imaging this week. I think it will be good. . .no additional cancer/tumor or further organ involvement but can't wait to find out!